This course is intended for those who have already achieved SSSTS certification. It provides supervisors with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
- Carrying out their identified duties
- Understanding the problems of the industry
- Understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- Identifying how the supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
- How to carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- How to carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Monitor site activities effectively
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.